Office de Tourisme de la Trimouille
Beaucoup de monuments appartiennent au domaine privé. Renseignez-vous auprès des Offices de Tourisme avant de commencer vos circuits.

Haims : Eglise Saint-Michel / Church of Saint Michel

    L‘église des XIe, XIIIe et XVe siècles, remaniée à différentes époques est mentionnée dès 1093 sous la forme « ecclesia Sancti-Michaelis de Aent ». Le chœur de l‘église est réaménagé et décoré au milieu du XVIIIe siècle. ...

    Signées et datées « Pacourd 1765 », ces peintures sont l‘œuvre d’un artiste local. Elles constituent un exemple rare de peinture religieuse de cette époque. A la fin du XIXe siècle l’abbé Eugène Bonnin, curé d’Haims, l’orne de peintures, renouant de façon naïve avec la tradition médiévale. A l’extérieur des inscriptions en lettres gothiques attestent des travaux de maçonnerie et de charpente en 1322 et 1420.

    Church of Saint Michel
    The church (11th, 13th and 15 century) was modified at different periods and was mentioned from 1093 as the «ecclesia Sancti-Michaelis de Aent». The choir of the church was refurbished and decorated in the middle of the 18th century.

    Signed and dated «Pacourd 1765», the paintings were the work of a local artist. They are a rare example of religious paintings of that time. At the end of the 19th century the abbot Eugène Bonnin, the priest at Haims, decorated the church with paintings, in a naïve style, thereby renewing the link with medieval tradition. Outside, inscriptions in gothic script prove that carpentry and building works were carried out in 1322 and 1420.

    Haims : Eglise Saint-Michel / Church of Saint Michel Haims : Eglise Saint-Michel / Church of Saint Michel